segunda-feira, 26 de março de 2012

Inglês

* When/ While

When - quando     While - enquanto

When I was doing a dinner he called me.
He called me while I was cooking.

* Used to / Use to


Used to - normalmente usado como verbo para expressar coisas que aconteciam no passado, porém agora não acontecem mais.

I used to be a child.  ( Eu era uma criança)

. Pode ser usado como um adjetivo, "acostumado a".

I'm used to cooking every day.

Use to - é usado em preguntas e respostas negativas.

I didn't use to play soccer.
Did you use to play soccer? -   Você jogava futebol.

*  Relative Pronouns


That     - pessoas, coisas, animais. 

Which  - coisas, animais.
Who    - pessoas.
Where - lugar.
Whose - relação de posse -> seguido por substantivo -> nunca pode ser omitido.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exercícios 


1 - Fill in the blanks with used to or didn't use to and the verbs in parentheses.
     (Preencha os espaços em branco com used to ou didn't use to e os verbos dos parênteses.)


a) Gabriel                            (play) guittar. Now she plays drums.
b) Maria                      pratcice-neg.) sports. Now she goes to the gymnasium every day.
c) My friends                           (go) hang gliding. Now they do bungee jumping.
d) Madonna                             (live)in the US. Now she lives in England.
e)Beyoncé Knowles                        (sing-neg.) in Destiny's Child. Now she sings solo.


2- Circle the correct alternative.
   (Circule a alternativa correta)


a) The books who/which they bought are from Spain.
b) The student is lost in the USA. He doesn't know which/where to go.
c) Kevin is a student who/that is going to study French in Canada.
d) Skateboarding is a dangerous sport, which/that my friend wants to learn.


3- Join the sentences using relative pronouns.


a) I know an exchange student. Her mother is French.




b) Carl is wearing a helmet. The helmte is too short for his.




4- Fill the spaces whith WHEN or WHILE.


a) I played handball                        my mother called me.
b) Mary read the book                     their children play.
c) The girls jumped rope                      the boys were playing tennis.
d) Nadir cooked                        the bell rang.


2 comentários: